Hunter School of the Performing Arts logo

Hunter School of the Performing Arts

Hunter School of the Performing Arts


Telephone02 4952 3355

Relief and Casual Teacher Information

Casual & Temp Teaching

If you're interested in casual teaching please complete the:

Relief Teacher Application Form

We use Classcover to book and manage all relief and casual appoinments. Please ensure your availability is up to date and all required certificates are uploaded.

Required Certificates for DoE Schools

If you are required to update or access your Mandatory Training the 'Mandatory Induction Training' site will assist

Information for Casual and Relief Teachers

Key Information

Things to know

    It is highly recommended that you are on site to collect your daily cover sheet at 8:30 

    Please ensure you sign to the casual day book at the front office upon arrival 

    Emergency Care plans can be found in all staffrooms 

    If students wish to leave class to access support services (e.g. HT Welbeing, Sick Bay, Timeout Card, Student Support Officer) they need to go to the front cash office for triaging with their student card

Check In

Check In is aimed to build a sense of belonging and maintain positive, respectful relationships and inclusive environments across the school community.  

During Check students engage in activities designed to develop healthy coping strategies and social and emotional skills such as; self and social-awareness and responsible decision making. The program aims to create quality learning environments focused on respectful relationships and a shared responsibility for wellbeing.

Roll Marking 

All rolls are to be submitted in the first 10 minutes of class on Sentral – PxP. If you do not have access to Sentral please complete on paper and have a student take period 1 roll to the attendance office. You will be added to Sentral when you are regularly working at HSPA. All other periods are marked on Sentral PxP. If you do not yet have Sentral access please return your signed day sheet to the attendance office before heading home.

Canvas Access

If you are required to access Canvas for lessons that are left by the permanent teacher, please see the faculty head techer for the Casual Canvas username and password. This will help you access teaching and learning resources with the students.

Emergency Care Plans

These plans for individual students are posted in every staffroom, please familiarise yourself with this information before class.

Bus Duty

Junior students should wait on the inside of the school fence at the gate behind their bus stop. Staff will be on duty  to hail buses. Students should not attempt to catch a bus at any other place other than the designated stand.

WHS Induction and Information

You should familiarise yourself with the following documents for working on site at HSPA:

WHS Induction for Casual Staff

Emergency Evacuation Routes

For further enquiries contact: