Our Sport Program caters for the needs of our performing arts students through a comprehensive program of sporting and recreational activities. Students can select physical activities which best suit their needs and we ensure our sport program is an enjoyable experience for all involved.
All students from Year 3 to Year 6 participate in class based PE and Sports Programs utilising equipment from the Premier’s Sporting Challenge. There are specialist days such as athletics, swimming, cross country and Small Schools Carnivals.
Students can trial to represent Zone, Regional and State teams. Optional fee paying programs utilising specialist instructors in School Aerobics are also offered.
Students from Year 7 to Year 10 participate in our Sport program. Years 7, 8 & 9 follow a rotational program where they experience a variety of sporting and recreational activities in 3 week blocks which also incorporate welfare initiatives through activity.
Year 10 choose a range of sporting and recreational pursuits covering both competitive and individual activities.
Year 11 and Year 12 are not required to attend sport, although provisions are made for those students who wish to participate.
- representative teams which compete in local and Combined High School (CHS) competitions
- swimming, cross country and athletics carnivals - students may gain selection to represent at zone level
- carnivals cater for both competitive and non competitive students, including gala events with other local schools
- lunchtime access to school fitness program by individuals and sporting teams.
- aerobics competitions for Year 7 and Year 8 students, which may lead to higher representation
- participation in CHS Knockout teams
- opportunities to become House Captains