Year 11 students will be considered for a Production Technology Pathways placement at Hunter School of the Performing Arts through assessment that includes a video submission and a live interview.
Part 1 - Video Submission
Students should submit a two (2) minute video presentation by the due date using the instructions provided in Audition Time notification correspondence. The video submission should address and demonstrate:
- Your interest in the field of production technology
- Your aspirations both at school and post school
- Your skills in the field of production technology
The below marking criteria will be used to determine successful applicants for PTP.
Part 2 - Live Interview
The individual interview will be conducted by a panel consisting of members of the TAS staff.
Students will be required to discuss the evidence in their video submission, including their experience and answer a series of questions.
Please note: The term 'Production Fields' is a reference to specific areas of Technical Production. Your application should reflect your ability, experience and passion in one or more of the following production fields. If successful, your Stage 6 Pathway will be customised to suit your specific areas of interest.
Changes to process
Changes may occur to the audition process above dependent upon circumstances out of our control at the time of auditions. Changes could include, but are not limited to, video submission and/or online live components. If and when required, details of changes will be communicated to applicants.
Performing Arts Curriculum:
If made an offer of placement at our school it is our understanding that you acknowledge and accept our performing arts curriculum. It is the strong expectation that new Year 9-11 students will follow through with their auditioned performing arts subject until Year 12.
HSPA Production Technology Pathways
Why select PTP at HSPA?
- Industry standard pre and post production equipment and facilities
- A uniquely diverse quantity of events providing authentic production training opportunities (regular live & streamed/broadcast music, dance, drama performances)
- Senior PTP students customise their Stage 6 pattern of study to best suit their career aspirations in a variety of technical production fields.
- Expert teachers in multimedia
- Opportunity to study Certificate III courses in Entertainment Industry and Music Industry
- Kick start your creative career whilst gaining your HSC.
Career opportunities include:
- Live Streaming Production
- Costume and set design
- Audio Engineering (live and studio)
- Film and Television production
- Film editing
- Stage lighting and design
- Stage management
- Production management
- Event management and promotion